Wednesday, December 14, 2011

When I Grow Up....

"What do you want to be when you grow up" how many times have we asked this question or been asked this question? probably about eleventy billion! In fact, and in my opinion this is a hard question to answer because we never "really" grow up, we may mature and becomes wiser (hopefully) and more steady in the path we walk but I don't think we ever really grow up, we hopefully, will continue to hold on to, and exhibit some of that child like wonder and excitement as we go through our lives, that to me is what will help get us through some of the darkest and most trying times of our lives.  I want to be happy, fulfilled, content and confident in myself and my abilities, I haven't gotten there completely, I'm still trying to find my path in a lot of things but it's my excitement that helps me get through, as long as I can smile and get excited about something then I will be OK, this I know.  If "growing up" means being melancholy and stuck, if it means just accepting things without at least attempting to change them, and living your life in the shadows of fear and insecurities then I don't ever want to "grow up".  We may mature physically and emotionally but it's important I think, to remember what it's like to get excited over little things, a thank you, the way ice cream tastes on a hot summer day, and how great it feels to experience some of the simplest moments in life,  the sun on your face, an unexpected call from a friend, these are the feelings and experiences that keep us alive and keep us excited about our lives, the simple moments and little things, for without these, our lives' would be boring and pretty uneventful, sometimes it's the simplest things and and gestures that mean the most and make getting up each morning worthwhile.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment