Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Magic 8 Ball

 Remember when  you were little and you either had a magic 8 ball or one of your friends did, you would ask a question and immediately an answer would come up, and your dilemma would be solved or your question would be resolved?  I do not have a magic 8 ball, I do not have access to your mind or your thoughts, I don't like to make assumptions about situations or jump to conclusions, to do so would be unfair to you as well as myself.  When someone leaves you in the dark or only gives you part of the story then you are left seeking answers to questions left unanswered, and trying to draw conclusions from bits and pieces of the picture rather than the whole thing.  Try not to do this, try instead to give the other person some benefit of the doubt, a chance to come to you with an explanation and give them time to talk with you before drawing your final conclusions, just remember sometimes those questions get answered and the situation is resolved, sometimes it's not, sometimes, maybe the answers we get aren't the answers we wanted.  Whatever the case may be just remember there are THREE sides to the story, yours, the other persons' and the truth.  Do I want to hear your side of the story? Absolutely! Do I want to be given a chance to work it out? Of course.  If there is something I need to correct to make the situation better will I attempt to do so? Without a doubt.  But to be able to do these things I need to know the whole story, and I would prefer to hear it from you than make it up in my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment