Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Little Things, Sometimes Not So Little

Had a really good day today, 1 1/2 hours of Vinyasa yoga with no pain afterwards, followed by a energizing walk at a new park I found last weekend, errands, spending time with some really special people and great conversation and coffee.  Nothing outrageous or flashy, I don't always do flashy or outrageous, sometimes it's the little things, a great yoga practice, friends and the like that create the best memories, I wouldn't trade this afternoon for a glitz filled afternoon at all, why? because to me it's the little things like the ones I mentioned that mean the most to me, and to me they aren't so little because they are part of what make up my life and what makes me, well, me.  I may not always get the chance to do exactly what I want, and sometimes when I get a chance to do the things I love it may not be for as long as I want to do them but that's ok because I'm still doing them and still being with the people that mean the most to me and that is what counts.  It's the little things that count the most, especially to me, a simple gesture or a small token that was thought about before being given, when you put a part of yourself into what you are doing or giving then that little thing suddenly becomes so much bigger because it has a part of you in it and it shows and it makes that gesture or token that much more important or cherished, it's easy to go to the store and grab something off the shelf and give it away, it's so much harder to do something from the heart or to really think about what someone wants, and it's precisely because of this reason, this level of "hardness" that makes those gestures or gifts more cherished than the others.   

No comments:

Post a Comment