Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Make Peace, Let Go, Move On

Somtimes the hardest thing a person can do is make peace with someone or something that has been troubling them for a very long time.  That doesn't mean give in or give up, it just means to make peace with the things or people you can't change and move on, learn to live your life around this situation or person inspite of their presence.  If you continue to let that particular situation or person upset you or cause grief then you will continue to be unhappy and that's never good.  I do speak from personal experience on this.  I've had situations in my life that have troubled me for years and it took a while but I was able to make peace with it, what had happend wasn't my fault, there was nothing I could do that would have changed it and I was eventually able to let it go and move on.  It can be harder to let go of people simply because they are tangible, living, breathing beings and we always run the risk of being reminded of them when we least expect it.  I've done this too, you have to take a mental inventory and do a lot of soul searching to determine whether that person is worth a place in your life, whether the good times outweigh the bad and if, in the long run, they are worth the risk.  Sometimes you just grow apart but you hang on to a person because they remind you of good times in your earlier life, they provide security or a bridge to  people that you may not have otherwise met.  Every day I learn a little more about this, how to live my life around situations that I can't control or around people I haven't been able to banish from my life.  I don't think this makes me less of a person, a coward or someone who avoids situations or people, instead I think it makes me stronger and more resourceful because I am learning how to continue my life in spite of these circumstances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment