Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Just a light hearted post for now.  We all have "things" in our lives that make us go "mmmmm"...sometimes they are simple and uncomplicated and sometimes the exact opposite.  So for right now and in no particular order I thought I would list a few of my favorite things, those things that make me go "mmmmm...."

Sunflowers-beautiful and they always make me smile
The Beach-tranquil and the sound of the ocean is very soothing to a ruffled spirit
Coffee with honey- great combination and something I found recently, now I have a cup or two every morning, and I almost have the honey to coffee ratio right :) .
A Good Stretch-feels great especially after a tough workout 
Reiki- 3 years and counting, sometimes I don't always practice but it is always with me.
Massage- I've had only a few of these, but especially when you get my trouble spots, oh yeah!
Laughter- I'm talking the "let down your guard, laugh until you can't see" type, not the contained, restrained, fake laughter.
Yoga- I have restarted yoga classes and am so glad I did, very good energy and positive spirit when you are going through the poses.
Meditation- Along with yoga I am starting to incorporate meditation into my routine each day, even 15 minutes can work wonders on a person's spirit.
PMR- or pray, meditate, reki, these three things done together are powerful tools for calming yourself, if you have the ability to do all three together then do it, amazing!! and thanks to a dear friend of mine for suggesting these, I do them all but never have done them together so THANK YOU!  


These are just a few, there are certainly more but these are the basics, and when I can incorporate at least a couple of these into my day I find that usually, regardless of whatever may present itself, the day ends up turning out pretty good..

No comments:

Post a Comment