Monday, January 2, 2012

In the Grand Scheme of Things...

One moment, a split second in our entire life and it seems to last forever.  The hardest things in life are the things we may be experiencing right now, and all we can think of is how badly we want to be done with them.  I know that is how I feel.  2012 has arrived and I am still dealing with leftovers of 2011 and I so want to be done with them! Things I need to close the book on.  I feel like my life will forever be consumed by these things and how huge they are.  In the grand scheme of things, when I take a step back and work to put them in perspective I realize that although they are important and they do have to be resolved they are only as big as I allow them to be. I name them and recognize them and then work to resolve them and it takes some time to do so, some of these issues have been years in the making and they will not be resolved in a few days or months, or at least not to my satisfaction.  I am trying to learn how to live my life in a grateful and purpose filled way, not taking for granted the important things and trying to give back to those that have given to me.  Easier said than done but it's important to me to recognize those people and events that mean alot to me and have made me a better person, and I am finding that as I work my way into doing these things I am met with resentment from people in my life, I guess they are more of the selfish mindset than I am.  To me, if you look at the big picture that is your life it's important to recognize the bad with the good, both got you to where you are at this very moment and it's what you do in your next steps, and the next actions that you take that will help set your future path. In the grand scheme of things everything is connected good to bad, past to present and present to future and when something seems overwhelming try to remind yourself that whatever it is will only be a part of your life and that you have the power to overcome the bad and turn it into something good.  Our life is made up of many parts and it's up to us how we put those parts together and what we do with them.   Be yourself and allow the best of you to help others when, maybe, they aren't at their best and could use a little nudge to pick up the pieces and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment