Monday, February 20, 2012

lessons learned or re-learned

So it has been a very long while since I have written here.  I've been very busy, and as it has a way of doing so, life seems to have gotten in the way of my intentions.  I'm back and going to try to pick up my blog. Been busy with multiple things, some fun and exciting some a bit scary, but all worked out, at least for now.  Here are several things I have learned, or re-learned since my last post:

1. Things really do happen for a reason, we can question situations all we want, but until we are meant to understand them( and sometimes we won't) let them play out as much as we can and see where they take us.

2. Take care of yourself, no one else will, you have this one body, honor and respect it.

3. Hold on to your friends, tell them how important they are to you and take the opportunity to show them you care. The true ones will never judge you but will stand by you no matter what, ready to be what you need.

4. Laugh, doesn't matter if you are by yourself or with others, laugh, it's good for you and for those around you.

5. Let go, sometimes as much as you want to hold on to people, you have to let them go, letting someone go doesn't mean you don't care about them anymore, it just means that you recognize, for whatever reason, their presence in your life is done and the courteous and correct thing to do is to allow them to leave.  Bless them as they leave, in your mind or out loud, whichever works for you, "I bless you and this situation, I wish you happiness and fulfillment in the future" the blessing brings a bit of closure to what can be a tough situation sometimes.  

6. Gather your army, I have been reminded the past couple of months through personal experience, that if you have to face something scary don't do it alone, find the friends whom you trust, and can count on and have them help you through it as much as they can, it makes a difference.  Sometimes, when you are faced with a situation you just know who to go to, who you can talk to that will help you put it in perspective, and make you laugh and feel better in the process. 

7. Say thank you, sounds silly but those words mean a lot to those who hear them, and it reminds the person saying them that they aren't the only ones in the world and that sometimes you do require assistance, ask for and receive it humbly and always show sincere appreciation by saying "Thank You"  So to my friends, especially the ones that were there earlier this year when I was scared out of my wits for medical reasons "Thank You" sincerely and humbly, you knew what to say and how to make me laugh and I will never forget that, You are amazing and I am so lucky you are here! 

There are so many other lessons that I have been shown or re learned I could write a book! but these are some of the important ones, take them for what they are worth, apply them where you can and enjoy your life, have fun and be you!

No comments:

Post a Comment